Signed-off-by: Jonathan Nieder <email@example.com>
diff --git a/Documentation/RelNotes/18.104.22.168.txt b/Documentation/RelNotes/22.214.171.124.txt
index 806545a..3aa25a2 100644
@@ -4,21 +4,24 @@
Fixes since v1.8.4
- * Some people still use rather old versions of bash, which cannot
- grok some constructs like 'printf -v varname' the prompt and
- completion code started to use recently. The completion and
- prompt scripts have been adjusted to work better with these old
- versions of bash.
+ * Some old versions of bash do not grok some constructs like
+ 'printf -v varname' which the prompt and completion code started
+ to use recently. The completion and prompt scripts have been
+ adjusted to work better with these old versions of bash.
- * "git rebase -i" had a minor bug (the same could be in other
- programs, as the root cause is pretty generic) where the code
- feeds a random, data dependeant string to 'echo' and expects it
+ * In FreeBSD's and NetBSD's "sh", a return in a dot script in a
+ function returns from the function, not only in the dot script,
+ breaking "git rebase" on these platforms (regression introduced
+ in 1.8.4-rc1).
+ * "git rebase -i" and other scripted commands were feeding a
+ random, data dependant error message to 'echo' and expecting it
to come out literally.
- * "submodule.<name>.path" variable mistakenly set to the empty
+ * Setting the "submodule.<name>.path" variable to the empty
"true" caused the configuration parser to segfault.
- * Output from "git log --full-diff -- <pathspec>" looked strange,
+ * Output from "git log --full-diff -- <pathspec>" looked strange
because comparison was done with the previous ancestor that
touched the specified <pathspec>, causing the patches for paths
outside the pathspec to show more than the single commit has
@@ -43,8 +46,26 @@
shallow repository when a fetch operation tries to auto-follow
- * On platforms with fgetc() and friends defined as macros,
- the configuration parser did not compile.
+ * When send-email comes up with an error message to die with upon
+ failure to start an SSL session, it tried to read the error
+ string from a wrong place.
+ * A call to xread() was used without a loop to cope with short
+ read in the codepath to stream large blobs to a pack.
+ * On platforms with fgetc() and friends defined as macros, the
+ configuration parser did not compile.
+ * New versions of MediaWiki introduced a new API for returning
+ more than 500 results in response to a query, which would cause
+ the MediaWiki remote helper to go into an infinite loop.
+ * Subversion's serf access method (the only one available in
+ Subversion 1.8) for http and https URLs in skelta mode tells its
+ caller to open multiple files at a time, which made "git svn
+ fetch" complain that "Temp file with moniker 'svn_delta' already
+ in use" instead of fetching.
Also contains a handful of trivial code clean-ups, documentation
updates, updates to the test suite, etc.
diff --git a/Documentation/git.txt b/Documentation/git.txt
index dca11cc..5b83e0a 100644
@@ -43,9 +43,10 @@
branch of the `git.git` repository.
Documentation for older releases are available here:
-* link:v1.8.4/git.html[documentation for release 1.8.4]
+* link:v126.96.36.199/git.html[documentation for release 188.8.131.52]
* release notes for
* link:v184.108.40.206/git.html[documentation for release 220.127.116.11]
diff --git a/GIT-VERSION-GEN b/GIT-VERSION-GEN
index 06026ea..b4147d6 100755
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@