Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <email@example.com>
diff --git a/Documentation/RelNotes-1.5.4.txt b/Documentation/RelNotes-1.5.4.txt
index f968fc4..f1323b6 100644
@@ -35,7 +35,7 @@
- Using dashed forms of git commands (e.g. "git-commit") from the
command line has been informally deprecated since early 2006, but
now it officially is, and will be removed in the future. Use
- dashless forms (e.g. "git commit") instead.
+ dash-less forms (e.g. "git commit") instead.
- Using dashed forms from your scripts, without first prepending the
return value from "git --exec-path" to the scripts' PATH, has been
@@ -166,7 +166,7 @@
command line in the generated log message, when told to cherry-pick a
commit by naming a tag that points at it. It does not anymore.
- * "git for-each-ref" learned %(xxxdate:<dateformat>) syntax to show the
+ * "git for-each-ref" learned %(xxxdate:<date-format>) syntax to show the
various date fields in different formats.
* "git gc --auto" is a low-impact way to automatically run a variant of
@@ -221,7 +221,7 @@
* "git pull --rebase" is a different way to integrate what you fetched
into your current branch.
- * "git fast-export" produces datastream that can be fed to fast-import
+ * "git fast-export" produces data-stream that can be fed to fast-import
to reproduce the history recorded in a git repository.
* "git add -i" takes pathspecs to limit the set of files to work on.
@@ -342,7 +342,7 @@
* "git help" learned "-w" option to show documentation in browsers.
- * In addition there are quite a few internal clean-ups. Notably
+ * In addition there are quite a few internal clean-ups. Notably:
- many fork/exec have been replaced with run-command API,
brought from the msysgit effort.
@@ -365,7 +365,7 @@
* The way "git diff --check" behaves is much more consistent with the way
"git apply --whitespace=warn" works.
- * "git svn" talking with the SVN over http will correctly quote branch
+ * "git svn" talking with the SVN over HTTP will correctly quote branch
and project names.
* "git config" did not work correctly on platforms that define
@@ -375,9 +375,3 @@
documentation; a workaround has been implemented.
* "git diff --color-words" colored context lines in a wrong color.
-echo O=`git describe refs/heads/master`
-git shortlog --no-merges $O..refs/heads/master ^refs/heads/maint
diff --git a/GIT-VERSION-GEN b/GIT-VERSION-GEN
index e0842c4..38a3273 100755
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@