Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <email@example.com>
diff --git a/Documentation/RelNotes/2.9.0.txt b/Documentation/RelNotes/2.9.0.txt
index d9685cb..927cb9b 100644
@@ -112,7 +112,6 @@
is a lot easier to explain to the end users: "We describe a commit
in terms of the (chronologically) oldest tag that contains the
- (merge 7550424 js/name-rev-use-oldest-ref later to maint).
* "git clone" learned the "--shallow-submodules" option.
@@ -229,7 +228,6 @@
our tests under "bash", however, we can redirect the trace output
to another file descriptor to keep the standard error of programs
being tested intact.
- (merge d88785e jk/test-send-sh-x-trace-elsewhere later to maint).
* t0040 had too many unnecessary repetitions in its test data. Teach
test-parse-options program so that a caller can tell what it
@@ -258,6 +256,12 @@
(merge 51dd3e8 mm/makefile-developer-can-be-in-config-mak later to maint).
+ * The way how "submodule--helper list" signals unmatch error to its
+ callers has been updated.
+ * A bash-ism "local" has been removed from "git submodule" scripted
Also contains various documentation updates and code clean-ups.
@@ -435,20 +439,16 @@
* "http.cookieFile" configuration variable clearly wants a pathname,
but we forgot to treat it as such by e.g. applying tilde expansion.
- (merge e5a39ad bn/http-cookiefile-config later to maint).
* Consolidate description of tilde-expansion that is done to
configuration variables that take pathname to a single place.
- (merge dca83ab jc/config-pathname-type later to maint).
* Correct faulty recommendation to use "git submodule deinit ." when
de-initialising all submodules, which would result in a strange
error message in a pathological corner case.
- (merge f6a5279 sb/submodule-deinit-all later to maint).
* Many 'linkgit:<git documentation page>' references were broken,
which are all fixed with this.
- (merge 1cca17d jc/linkgit-fix later to maint).
* "git rerere" can get confused by conflict markers deliberately left
by the inner merge step, because they are indistinguishable from
@@ -458,43 +458,34 @@
(merge 0f9fd5c jc/ll-merge-internal later to maint).
* CI test was taught to build documentation pages.
- (merge b98712b ls/travis-build-doc later to maint).
* "git fsck" learned to catch NUL byte in a commit object as
potential error and warn.
- (merge 6d2d780 jc/fsck-nul-in-commit later to maint).
* Portability enhancement for "rebase -i" to help platforms whose
shell does not like "for i in <empty>" (which is not POSIX-kosher).
- (merge 8e98b35 jk/rebase-interactive-eval-fix later to maint).
* On Windows, .git and optionally any files whose name starts with a
dot are now marked as hidden, with a core.hideDotFiles knob to
customize this behaviour.
- (merge ebf31e7 js/windows-dotgit later to maint).
* Documentation for "git merge --verify-signatures" has been updated
to clarify that the signature of only the commit at the tip is
verified. Also the phrasing used for signature and key validity is
adjusted to align with that used by OpenPGP.
- (merge 05a5869 kf/gpg-sig-verification-doc later to maint).
* A couple of bugs around core.autocrlf have been fixed.
- (merge caa47ad tb/core-eol-fix later to maint).
* Many commands normalize command line arguments from NFD to NFC
variant of UTF-8 on OSX, but commands in the "diff" family did
not, causing "git diff $path" to complain that no such path is
known to Git. They have been taught to do the normalization.
- (merge 90a78b8 ar/diff-args-osx-precompose later to maint).
* "git difftool" learned to handle unmerged paths correctly in
- (merge 366f9ce da/difftool later to maint).
* The "are we talking with TTY, doing an interactive session?"
detection has been updated to work better for "Git for Windows".
- (merge f7f90e0 kb/msys2-tty later to maint).
* We forgot to add "git log --decorate=auto" to documentation when we
added the feature back in v2.1.0 timeframe.
@@ -512,16 +503,6 @@
(merge 7063693 js/rebase-i-dedup-call-to-rerere later to maint).
* Other minor clean-ups and documentation updates
- (merge 832c0e5 lp/typofixes later to maint).
- (merge f5ee54a sb/z-is-gnutar-ism later to maint).
- (merge 2e3926b va/i18n-misc-updates later to maint).
- (merge f212dcc bn/config-doc-tt-varnames later to maint).
- (merge f54bea4 nd/remote-plural-ours-plus-theirs later to maint).
- (merge 2bb0518 ak/t4151-ls-files-could-be-empty later to maint).
- (merge 4df4313 jc/test-seq later to maint).
- (merge a75a308 tb/t5601-sed-fix later to maint).
- (merge 6c1fbe1 va/i18n-remote-comment-to-align later to maint).
- (merge dee2303 va/mailinfo-doc-typofix later to maint).
(merge cd82b7a pa/cherry-pick-doc-typo later to maint).
(merge 2bb73ae rs/patch-id-use-skip-prefix later to maint).
(merge aa20cbc rs/apply-name-terminate later to maint).
diff --git a/GIT-VERSION-GEN b/GIT-VERSION-GEN
index 98f2300..e1d8231 100755
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@