Merge tag 'for-5.9/dm-changes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/device-mapper/linux-dm
Pull device mapper updates from Mike Snitzer:
- DM multipath locking fixes around m->flags tests and improvements to
bio-based code so that it follows patterns established by
- Request-based DM core improvement to eliminate unnecessary call to
- Add "panic_on_corruption" error handling mode to DM verity target.
- DM bufio fix to to perform buffer cleanup from a workqueue rather
than wait for IO in reclaim context from shrinker.
- DM crypt improvement to optionally avoid async processing via
workqueues for reads and/or writes -- via "no_read_workqueue" and
"no_write_workqueue" features. This more direct IO processing
improves latency and throughput with faster storage. Avoiding
workqueue IO submission for writes (DM_CRYPT_NO_WRITE_WORKQUEUE) is a
requirement for adding zoned block device support to DM crypt.
- Add zoned block device support to DM crypt. Makes use of
DM_CRYPT_NO_WRITE_WORKQUEUE and a new optional feature
(DM_CRYPT_WRITE_INLINE) that allows write completion to wait for
encryption to complete. This allows write ordering to be preserved,
which is needed for zoned block devices.
- Fix DM ebs target's check for REQ_OP_FLUSH.
- Fix DM core's report zones support to not report more zones than were
- A few small compiler warning fixes.
- DM dust improvements to return output directly to the user rather
than require they scrape the system log for output.
* tag 'for-5.9/dm-changes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/device-mapper/linux-dm:
dm: don't call report zones for more than the user requested
dm ebs: Fix incorrect checking for REQ_OP_FLUSH
dm init: Set file local variable static
dm ioctl: Fix compilation warning
dm raid: Remove empty if statement
dm verity: Fix compilation warning
dm crypt: Enable zoned block device support
dm crypt: add flags to optionally bypass kcryptd workqueues
dm bufio: do buffer cleanup from a workqueue
dm rq: don't call blk_mq_queue_stopped() in dm_stop_queue()
dm dust: add interface to list all badblocks
dm dust: report some message results directly back to user
dm verity: add "panic_on_corruption" error handling mode
dm mpath: use double checked locking in fast path
dm mpath: rename current_pgpath to pgpath in multipath_prepare_ioctl
dm mpath: rework __map_bio()
dm mpath: factor out multipath_queue_bio
dm mpath: push locking down to must_push_back_rq()
dm mpath: take m->lock spinlock when testing QUEUE_IF_NO_PATH
dm mpath: changes from initial m->flags locking audit