Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <firstname.lastname@example.org>
diff --git a/Documentation/RelNotes/2.8.0.txt b/Documentation/RelNotes/2.8.0.txt
index 5ec39bc..2507971 100644
@@ -34,7 +34,7 @@
have a place to store the updated notes tree, iow, a ref).
* "git grep" by default does not fall back to its "--no-index"
- behaviour outside a directory under Git's control (otherwise the
+ behavior outside a directory under Git's control (otherwise the
user may by mistake end up running a huge recursive search); with a
new configuration (set in $HOME/.gitconfig--by definition this
cannot be set in the config file per project), this safety can be
@@ -55,7 +55,7 @@
* Many commands that read files that are expected to contain text
that is generated (or can be edited) by the end user to control
- their behaviour (e.g. "git grep -f <filename>") have been updated
+ their behavior (e.g. "git grep -f <filename>") have been updated
to be more tolerant to lines that are terminated with CRLF (they
used to treat such a line to contain payload that ends with CR,
which is usually not what the users expect).
@@ -187,7 +187,7 @@
with expectations that are not satisfiable on Git for Windows.
* Some calls to strcpy(3) triggers a false warning from static
- analysers that are less intelligent than humans, and reducing the
+ analyzers that are less intelligent than humans, and reducing the
number of these false hits helps us notice real issues. A few
calls to strcpy(3) in a couple of protrams that are already safe
has been rewritten to avoid false warnings.
@@ -281,7 +281,7 @@
* "git send-email" was confused by escaped quotes stored in the alias
files saved by "mutt", which has been corrected.
- * A few unportable C construct have been spotted by clang compiler
+ * A few non-portable C construct have been spotted by clang compiler
and have been fixed.
* The documentation has been updated to hint the connection between
@@ -349,10 +349,10 @@
* "git worktree" had a broken code that attempted to auto-fix
possible inconsistency that results from end-users moving a
worktree to different places without telling Git (the original
- repository needs to maintain backpointers to its worktrees, but
- "mv" run by end-users who are not familiar with that fact will
- obviously not adjust them), which actually made things worse
- when triggered.
+ repository needs to maintain back-pointers to its worktrees,
+ but "mv" run by end-users who are not familiar with that fact
+ will obviously not adjust them), which actually made things
+ worse when triggered.
* The low-level merge machinery has been taught to use CRLF line
termination when inserting conflict markers to merged contents that
diff --git a/Documentation/git.txt b/Documentation/git.txt
index a9120a8..adc940b 100644
@@ -43,6 +43,11 @@
branch of the `git.git` repository.
Documentation for older releases are available here:
+* link:v2.8.0/git.html[documentation for release 2.8]
+* release notes for
* link:v2.7.3/git.html[documentation for release 2.7.3]
* release notes for
diff --git a/GIT-VERSION-GEN b/GIT-VERSION-GEN
index b5072a2..4e9450b 100755
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@