Hopefully the last rc before the final...
Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <firstname.lastname@example.org>
diff --git a/Documentation/RelNotes-1.5.4.txt b/Documentation/RelNotes-1.5.4.txt
index 9e43ac2..f968fc4 100644
@@ -11,7 +11,7 @@
helper script lost all its users and has been removed.
* "git http-push" is known not to work well with cURL library older
@@ -27,10 +27,10 @@
- * The next feature release of git (this change is scheduled for v1.6.0)
- will by default install dashed form of commands (e.g. "git-commit")
- outside of users' normal $PATH, and will install only selected
- commands ("git" itself, and "gitk") in $PATH. This implies:
+ * From v1.6.0, git will by default install dashed form of commands
+ (e.g. "git-commit") outside of users' normal $PATH, and will install
+ only selected commands ("git" itself, and "gitk") in $PATH. This
- Using dashed forms of git commands (e.g. "git-commit") from the
command line has been informally deprecated since early 2006, but
@@ -44,8 +44,8 @@
- Use of dashed forms with "PATH=$(git --exec-path):$PATH; export
PATH" early in your script is not deprecated with this change.
- Users are strongly encouraged to adjust their habits and scripts now
- to prepare for this.
+ Users are strongly encouraged to adjust their habits and scripts now
+ to prepare for this change.
* The post-receive hook was introduced in March 2007 to supersede
the post-update hook, primarily to overcome the command line length
@@ -80,7 +80,7 @@
* Comes with much improved gitk, with i18n.
- * Comes with "git gui" 0.9.1 with i18n.
+ * Comes with git-gui 0.9.2 with i18n.
* gitk is now merged as a subdirectory of git.git project, in
preparation for its i18n.
@@ -242,8 +242,8 @@
from its first parent.
* "git commit" used to unconditionally strip comment lines that
- began with '#' and removed excess blank lines. This
- behaviour has been made configurable.
+ began with '#' and removed excess blank lines. This behavior has
+ been made configurable.
* "git commit" has been rewritten in C.
@@ -327,7 +327,7 @@
* "git status" from a subdirectory now shows relative paths, which
makes copy-and-pasting for git-checkout/git-add/git-rm easier. The
- traditional behaviour to show the full path relative to the top of
+ traditional behavior to show the full path relative to the top of
the work tree can be had by setting status.relativepaths
configuration variable to false.
@@ -351,6 +351,7 @@
- enhancement and more use of the strbuf API.
+ * Makefile tweaks to support HP-UX is in.
Fixes since v1.5.3
@@ -377,6 +378,6 @@
echo O=`git describe refs/heads/master`
git shortlog --no-merges $O..refs/heads/master ^refs/heads/maint
diff --git a/GIT-VERSION-GEN b/GIT-VERSION-GEN
index 2ba142a..e0842c4 100755
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@