Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <firstname.lastname@example.org>
diff --git a/Documentation/RelNotes/1.7.10.txt b/Documentation/RelNotes/1.7.10.txt
index fed9c73..58100bf 100644
@@ -19,7 +19,7 @@
- to disable this behaviour (if you want your users to explain their
+ to disable this behavior (if you want your users to explain their
merge commits, you do not have to do anything). Alternatively, you
can give the "--no-edit" option to individual invocations of the
"git merge" command if you know everybody who uses your script has
@@ -29,15 +29,16 @@
while and were deprecated in mid 2008 (v1.6.0). When you give these
options to "git am", it will now warn and ask you not to use them.
- * When you do not tell which branches and tags to push to the "git push"
- command in any way, the command used "matching refs" rule to update
- remote branches and tags with branches and tags with the same name you
- locally have. In future versions of Git, this will change to push out
- only your current branch according to either the "upstream" or the
- "current" rule. Although "upstream" may be more powerful once the
- user understands Git better, the semantics "current" gives is
- simpler and easier to understand for beginners and may be a safer
- and better default option, but we haven't decided yet.
+ * When you do not tell which branches and tags to push to the "git
+ push" command in any way, the command used "matching refs" rule to
+ update remote branches and tags with branches and tags with the
+ same name you locally have. In future versions of Git, this will
+ change to push out only your current branch according to either the
+ "upstream" or the "current" rule. Although "upstream" may be more
+ powerful once the user understands Git better, the semantics
+ "current" gives is simpler and easier to understand for beginners
+ and may be a safer and better default option. We haven't decided
+ yet which one to switch to.
Updates since v1.7.9
@@ -139,6 +140,8 @@
* Project search in "gitweb" shows the substring that matched in the
project name and description highlighted.
+ * HTTP transport learned to authenticate with a proxy if needed.
* A new script "diffall" is added to contrib/; it drives an
external tool to perform a directory diff of two Git revisions
in one go, unlike "difftool" that compares one file at a time.
diff --git a/Documentation/git.txt b/Documentation/git.txt
index ae34e8a..ca85d1d 100644
@@ -44,6 +44,11 @@
branch of the `git.git` repository.
Documentation for older releases are available here:
+* link:v1.7.10/git.html[documentation for release 1.7.10]
+* release notes for
* link:v184.108.40.206/git.html[documentation for release 220.127.116.11]
* release notes for
diff --git a/GIT-VERSION-GEN b/GIT-VERSION-GEN
index 57658cd..1f55d3e 100755
@@ -1,7 +1,7 @@